CSL has adapted its gravity-based self-unloading technology to meet the rigorous requirements of high-volume transhipment. Our transhipment systems are designed and built to meet and often surpass the highest technological, safety and environmental standards.
Advantages of Transhipping with CSL
- CSL’s new generation of high-capacity transhippers provides a dramatically improved value proposition compared with older, often crane-based, transhipment options. With superior productivity, increased capacity, simple shore infrastructure and reliability built right into the design, CSL provides high value/low cost transhipment solutions.
Limited Capital Expenditure
- Transhipping with CSL = lower shore side infrastructure, less capital and maintenance dredging. Plus, CSL will make the capital investment in the transhippers.
Bigger Ocean Going Vessels = Lower cost
- CSL can tranship from ports with as little as a five metre draft.
- The modular nature of transhippers provides inherent scalability and offers a realizable residual value once a mine comes to the end of its life.
Limited Impact on the Marine Environment
- Transhippers require less or no dredging.
- Their fully enclosed gravity-based cargo handling system eliminates the risk of fugitive material.
- Their optimized design minimizes noise and vibration in both the air and water.
Fast and Efficient Loading
- Transhipping rates up to 10,000 tph
- Documented reliability
For more information on CSL's transhipment capabilities: